Find Your Opportunity
Gameco Artisan Supplies is a leading supplier of high-quality knife making equipment and tools, blacksmith tools, forge burner and refractory materials, electric kiln items and leather work tools and materials for custom makers.
Many of our staff are experienced knife makers, blacksmiths and leatherworkers, ensuring all customers receive expert advice. If this sounds like you please take the time to apply for one of the positions below.
LOCATION: Auburn, Sydney
This is a full-time position, reporting directly to the Customer Service Manager and will ideally suit a sales or customer service professional looking to take the next step in their career. The successful candidate will be subject to a 3-6 month probationary period depending on their performance in the role.
A hands-on role, the successful applicant will be working directly with customers both face to face and via phone and email in a sales and customer service capacity. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Answering all customer enquiries in a professional and courteous manner
- Processing sales for both Gas and Artisan departments via phone and counter
- Quoting prices and credit terms, recording orders, and arranging deliveries
- Following up with customers to ensure satisfaction with products purchased, and resolving any problems arising under the direction of the Customer Service Manager
- Working with department heads or technical specialists when required for specialist/technical information
- Monitoring customers’ changing needs and competitor activity, and reporting on these developments to sales or marketing management
- Taking part in relevant product training when required
- Attending knife shows when required
- Occasionally traveling as required by the business
The successful applicant will have a willingness to succeed coupled with a strong background in customer service. They will have proven experience in a fast-paced sales environment and the ability to use initiative and work with their team and other departments to drive success.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated workplace communication
- Demonstrated customer service
- Ability to use business databases
- Ability to process and maintain workplace information
- Business process literacy
- Demonstrated or ability to achieve sales targets through proven sales techniques
- Minimum Year 12 or equivalent education or 2 years experience in a relevant role
- Willingness to participate in personal development to achieve required sales targets and Gameco business goals
- Willingness to participate in Gameco events held outside hours
- Knowledge of gas or artisan parts is preferable, but not essential
- Forklift license, driver’s license C Class and senior first aid certificate desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will receive competitive remuneration, staff benefits and the opportunity for further growth and development as our business continues to grow.
Your application should address the following questions:
- How many years’ experience do you have in a customer service role?
- Do you have experience dealing with customer complaints?
- Do you have experience with inventory management systems?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for problem solving and helping customers find solutions?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of technical products, legal requirements and Australian Standards?
- Do you have experience with conflict resolution or dealing with difficult customers?
LOCATION: Auburn, Sydney and Geebung, Brisbane
Must have the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computing skills with some ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Be physically fit
- Have a current Australian drivers license
- Be a permanent resident or Australian citizen. To express your interest in this position, please forward a copy of your resume to [email protected] Make sure you include the location you are applying for – Auburn, Sydney or Geebung, Brisbane.
LOCATION: Auburn, Sydney
- Permanent, fulltime, Monday to Friday opportunity
- Above award salary + super + company mobile phone
- An essential service supplier – working through lockdown
- Gameco Pty Ltd is a local, family-owned business that has been operating for the last 50 years. With branches in NSW, QLD, VIC, WA and NZ, Gameco services the energy sector as a Specialist LPG and NPG gas parts wholesaler, and as such is an essential service. In addition to our core gas business, we also service the Artisan market under the Gameco Artisan Supplies arm of our business. Both arms operate out of our Head office and Core Warehouse here in Auburn, Sydney.We are hiring for a 2IC position with experience in Warehousing/Logistics and small team management to join our NSW Warehouse team as Full-Time Warehouse 2IC working closely with the Warehouse Manager.What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary, plus super and a company phone
- Stability. Monday to Friday working week. Your roster will be one of the following and subject to change:
- Morning Shift 5am – 12.30pm
- Afternoon Shift 12.30pm – 8pm
- Standard day 8am – 4.30pm
- An essential service. Provided you meet the NSW Health requirements your position is safe from lockdowns as they stand today.
- Diverse career opportunities – Many of our office and management began their career with Gameco in the warehouse.
- Professional growth through training and development.
- Staff discounts
The successful candidate will possess all if not most of the following:
- 2-5 years’ experience in warehousing and/or logistics
- 1-2 years’ experience in a leadership or supervisory position of three or more staff
- Proven ability to manage a small team
- Experience picking/packing
- Experience dispatching and/or receiving
- Experience performing stock counts
- Computer literacy
- High attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet work targets consistently
- A Certificate III or above in Warehouse or Logistics
- Be physically capable
- A high work-ethic
- A willingness to learn new skills and develop themselves
- Driver’s license
Desirable but not essential skills:
- Experience using a Walkie-stacker
- MR license
If you are looking for a career opportunity and wish to develop yourself further professionally, apply with a cover letter summarising your suitability and your resume.
If you wish to see the full job description or have any questions, please contact Robert Beach via the following email:
forward a copy of your resume to [email protected] Make sure you include the location you are applying for – Auburn, Sydney or Geebung, Brisbane.
Gameco is a family-owned business founded in 1972 in Brisbane. Its consistent sourcing and supply of best-quality LPG and natural gas equipment has led it to gaining the reputation of gas equipment specialists. Employing experts in gas equipment, it now operates branches in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney in Australia, and in Masterton in New Zealand. In recent years Gameco has expanded to include Gameco Artisan Supplies, a leader in quality supplies for custom makers.
Next year Gameco will proudly be celebrating its 50th year of operation.