Find Your Opportunity
Gameco Artisan Supplies is a leading supplier of high-quality knife making equipment and tools, blacksmith tools, forge burner and refractory materials, electric kiln items and leather work tools and materials for custom makers.
Many of our staff are experienced knife makers, blacksmiths and leatherworkers, ensuring all customers receive expert advice. If this sounds like you please take the time to apply for one of the positions below.
LOCATION: Auburn, Sydney and Geebung, Brisbane
Must have the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computing skills with some ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Be physically fit
- Have a current Australian drivers license
- Be a permanent resident or Australian citizen. To express your interest in this position, please forward a copy of your resume to [email protected]. Make sure you include the location you are applying for – Auburn, Sydney or Geebung, Brisbane.
On road position 5 days a week around country NSW
Gameco is approaching its 50th year of operation. A family-owned business, Gameco is split into two divisions both operating out of our flag ship branch, here in Auburn, NSW.
Gameco focuses on providing great service, and stocking quality supplies for our customers
First and foremost, Gameco are an LPG/ Natural gas parts wholesaler, and have serviced this market for nearly 50 years. We are a main-stay in this industry, suppling most gas parts and selling to the business who provides service to the sector and as a wholesaler for trades people and trade retailers.
This a full-time position, 100% of the time “on the road”, reporting directly to the Branch Manager and would ideally suit a salesperson or customer service person looking to take the next step in their career. The successful candidate will be subject to a 3-6 month probationary period depending on their performance in the role.
A hands-on role, the successful applicant will be working directly with customers face to face around NSW. Driving in a safe and diligent manner is essential due to the distances travelled and being an excellent time manager will achieve success. The position requires a high level of professional presentation as you will be representing Gameco to an existing customer base.
- Carry out all duties in a professional and courteous manner
- Actively seek new sales opportunities and new business for GAMECO in the NSW area of operation
- Assist customers to identify and procure their equipment needs from GAMECO
- Maintain and grow the business relationships between GAMECO and its customers to ensure that those relationships are fruitful, profitable and harmonious.
- Resolve, agree and apply solutions to business issues and problems where and when they arise.
- Travel as necessary to effectively perform the duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Support the Branch Manager and other staff where and when necessary, at times of staff unavailability or where other issues arise that require the incumbent’s skills and energy.
- Ensure that the day to day activities involving at branch level across the GAMECO businesses aligns with the agreed overall customer management strategy. Discuss and advise senior staff where alignment is not occurring.
The successful applicant will have a willingness to succeed coupled with a strong background in Customer Service. They will have proven experience in a fast-paced sales environment and the ability to use initiative and work with their colleagues in other work units to drive success.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated Customer service excellence
- Ability to use Business dbase’s
- Process and maintain workplace information and confidentiality
- Business process literacy
- Demonstrated or ability to achieve sales targets through proven sales techniques
- Willingness to participate in personal development to achieve required sales targets and Gameco business goals
- Willingness to participate in Gameco events held outside hours
- Knowledge of gas is preferable, but not essential
- Driver’s License C Class
- Senior First Aid Certificate desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will receive competitive remuneration, staff benefits and the opportunity for further growth and development as our business continues to grow.
Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years’ experience do you have in a customer service role?
- Do you have experience dealing with customer complaints?
- Do you have experience with inventory management systems?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for problem solving and helping customers find solutions?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of technical products, legal requirements and Australian Standards?
- Do you have experience with conflict resolution or dealing with difficult customers?
Apply via Seek >>
Gameco is a family-owned business founded in 1972 in Brisbane. Its consistent sourcing and supply of best-quality LPG and natural gas equipment has led it to gaining the reputation of gas equipment specialists. Employing experts in gas equipment, it now operates branches in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney in Australia, and in Masterton in New Zealand. In recent years Gameco has expanded to include Gameco Artisan Supplies, a leader in quality supplies for custom makers.