440C Stainless Steel Bar 3.2 x 75 x 915mm
440C Stainless Steel Bar 3.2 x 75 x 915 mm.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
One bar of hot rolled 440C Stainless Steel measuring 3.2 x 75 x 915 mm. Actual thickness as hot rolled is 3.7 mm+.
440C stainless steel is a classic, well-balanced, high-quality cutlery stainless steel. It is the standard against which other stainless steel is compared, and its formula is the basis from which many newer stainless steels have been developed.
440C should not be confused with lower carbon stainless steels 440A and 440B, which have lesser edge holding.
Recommended Heat Treatment
- Seal blade in double crimped high temperature 309 Heat Treating Foil / Tool Wrap or coat in ATP-641 Anti Scale Compound.
- Preheat to 760°C, hold for 5 minutes.
- Austenitise at 1040°C for 30 minutes.
- Plate quench with Aluminium Quench Plates.
- Cold treatment; domestic freezer, dry ice slurry, liquid nitrogen – the colder the better.
- Temper at 150°C for 2 hours, twice.
Recommended working hardness 58-61HRC.
View our full range of 440C Stainless Steel Bars for other sizes.
|Dimensions||91.5 × 7.5 × 0.5 cm|