Crucible CPM S110V Stainless Tool Steel 3.5 x 38 x 914mm
Crucible CPM S110V Stainless Tool Steel 3.5 x 300 x 914 mm.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
One bar of Crucible CPM S110V Stainless Tool Steel measuring 3.5 x 38 x 914 mm. A premium high alloy martensitic stainless tool steel.
The alloy composition of CPM S110V steel lends to a steel that offers excellent wear resistance for incredible edge retention, high working hardness and a decent toughness that is comparable to CPM 20CV and Bohler M390. CPM S110V is great for small blades, utility knives and folding knives.
Comes annealed (soft) and Blanchard surface ground to remove mill scale.
Recommended Heat Treatment:
- Seal blade in double crimped high temperature Stainless Steel Tool Wrap
- Preheat to 760°C, hold for 5 minutes
- Austenitise at 1175°C for 20 minutes
- Plate quench
- Cold treatment; domestic freezer, dry ice slurry, liquid nitrogen – the colder the better
- Temper at 200-400°C for 2 hours, three times
Recommended working hardness 59 – 63 HRC.
NOTE: Steel over 1 m can’t be sent to a PO Box.
|Dimensions||9.1 × 3.8 × 0.35 cm|