CPM 20CV Stainless Steel3.5 x 300 x 910mm
CPM 20CV stainless steel bar 3.5 x 300 x 910 mm.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
One sheet of CPM 20CV stainless steel measuring 3.5 x 300 x 910 mm.
CPM 20CV is a martensitic stainless steel ranking among the most highly regarded currently available for use in small to medium production and custom knives. With a high volume of vanadium carbides for exceptionally good wear resistance and a large inclusion of chromium for excellent corrosion resistance.
Made with Crucible Industries’ CPM process resulting in a finer, more uniform carbide distribution imparting improved toughness and grindability to highly alloyed steels.
Annealed (soft) and wide belt surface ground to remove mill scale.
Recommended Heat Treatment:
- Seal blade in two layers of double crimped high temperature stainless steel tool wrap
- Preheat to 780°C, hold for 5 minutes
- Austenitise at 1150°C for 30 minutes
- Plate quench
- Cold treatment; domestic freezer, dry ice slurry, liquid nitrogen – the colder the better
- Temper at 200°C for 2 hours, twice
Recommended working hardness 60-62HR
3.5 x 300 x 910 mm.
Keep shopping: CPM/Crucible Stainless Steel Steel »
|Dimensions||93 × 35 × 5 cm|