Extra Large Gas Forge Refractory Burner Kit (45kg Gas Cylinder Body)
Extra Large Gas Forge Refractory Kit (45 kg Gas Cylinder Body).
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Extra Large Gas Forge Refractory Burner Kit (45 kg Gas Cylinder Body).
- 2x Isowool 50 x 600 x 900 mm
- 2x Isowool 310 mm diameter rounds for forge ends
- 1x K-23 or K-26 Refractory Brick measuring 75 x 115 x 230 mm
- 13.2 kg of Duracast
- 2x Rigidiser for Isowool
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- BKIT16 4x Burner Kit
Gas forges are becoming more popular in the Australian blacksmithing and bladesmithing communities. Gas Forge Burners and Components are clean and hassle free, heat up efficiently and have excellent control of temperature, almost eliminating burnt jobs.
These burners are designed to function in a forge of a certain design – cylindrical shape, ceramic fibre insulation and open at both ends. Deviating from this design will result in a deviation in function and performance.
Note: rules and laws on gas forges vary from state to state. It is normally mandatory that your forge comply with your specific state’s requirements. Contact your local specialist gasfitter and authority to ensure your design complies with all local requirements.
Artisan Supplies sell burner kits with some of the more common designs. The equipment is manufactured to, and complies with all relevant standards. However, you need to ensure the appliance you build complies in your state for your application.
All gas forges should only ever be used in a well ventilated space. Check all connections for leaks using soapy water. All goods are sold in accordance with Gameco’s Terms and conditions of sale and product warnings that can be accessed here: http://gameco.com.au/index.php/terms-of-sale/
BKIT16 Burners and Components
- 4x industrial burner 1”, 65 mm diameter, 520 mm long
- Most popular for extra-large forges (45 kg gas cylinder)
- Ideal for a cylindrical forge, with internal dimensions of 300mm diameter and 1200mm length.
- For forge welding and forging
- Elbow and pipe piece to keep shut off valve away from heat
- 2x 2 m + 4x 0.3 m AS1869 Class C Orange Hoses
- 2x male flare T connector
- 2x High Pressure Regulator and Cylinder Connection
- AGA approved shut off valve
Running a BKIT16 on 9kg cylinders of gas for an extended period of time will freeze the cylinders. It is recommended to run a BKIT16 on larger cylinders of gas e.g. 45kg, or to connect a pair of 9kg cylinders with a Dual Cylinder Manifold.
Example of Building a Small Forge (same principles apply to the extra large forge)
|Dimensions||83 × 46 × 46 cm|