Hitachi White Paper Steel San Mai 3.4 x 33 x 344mm
Hitachi White Paper Steel San Mai Bar 3.4 x 33 x 344 mm.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
One bar of Hitachi White Paper Steel San Mai measuring 3.4 x 33 x 344 mm.
Hitachi white paper is a Japanese laminated knife blade steel with 3 total layers, making it ideal for decorative Japenese style kitchen knives. It is also excellent for use in daggers.
- Pure, fine-grained, high carbon steel with a very high potential for sharpness.
- When etched in ferric chloride, the thick layers of cladding stay bright while the core/cutting edge and the thin layers of carbon steel become dark for a strongly contrasting pattern
- Mutli-layered blade steel that creates impressive visuals, great for daggers
|Carbon:||1.05 – 1.15%|
|Silicon:||0.10 – 0.20%|
Recommended Heat Treatment
- Coat in ATP-641 Anti Scale Compound.
- Austenitise at 775-800°C for 10 minutes.
- Quench in Houghton’s K Fast Quench Oil pre-heated to 50-60°C
- Temper at 175-215°C length is determined by desired hardness
Keep shopping: San Mai and Takefu
|Dimensions||5 × 40 × 5 cm|