HOME ARTIST 120
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
The portable Home Artist kiln sets up in minutes. It plugs into a standard household outlet and features a collapsible luggage carrier for easy moving. Take it with you on vacation or to seminars. The Home Artist is surprisingly large for a kiln that fires up to 1900F on 120 volts. The kiln fires rapidly up to 1900°F. It uses space-age ceramic fiber insulation, noted for energy efficiency. It is large enough to fire 10” china plates. The digital controller fires to pyrometric cones with 3 key simplicity. For raku firing, purchase the optional lid safety switch.
Marci’s great adventure with the Home Artist: “It was love at first sight!”
“My name is Marci Blattenberger, and I am a potter working in overglaze on porcelain. I travel extensively teaching china painting and used to bring a small kiln with me. Because of my bad back, the only kiln I could lift was 6” x 6” inside, which only allowed me the space to fire jewelry and miniatures. “Then a friend showed up at one of our painting retreats with a Paragon Home Artist kiln,” Marci continued, “and it was love at first sight! After seeing hers, I HAD to have one, and I have not been disappointed. The kiln itself is easy to wheel around. It has a built-in telescoping luggage handle with two wheels. Because of the unique fiber blanket firing chamber, it is light enough that I can lift it easily, even with my bad back. It runs on standard 120 volts. Yet despite its light weight and easy portability, it has a 12″ round firing chamber, which means I can easily fit an entire class worth of pieces (6 – 8” x 10” tiles) into it with ease. “The Home Artist also has a built-in computer controller,” Marci added, “so it is completely self-contained. I can set the controller to quick-fire a load to cone 015 in about 50 minutes. “The Home Artist is perfect not only for china painters but also for glass fusers, silver clay artists, raku and low fired ceramics, and backed by technical support from the highly knowledgeable and helpful Paragon staff. It is perfect for artists who travel (another friend of mine has one for her motor home) and those with small apartments (easy to wheel out onto the patio to fire). “Portability …. dependability … large enough to fire all but the biggest pieces …. and its a Paragon! What’s not to love?” Added Lisa G. Westheimer of West Orange, New Jersey, “The Home Artist is a very handy little kiln to have around, a tiny, mighty workhorse on wheels that I can easily bring outside and plug into a household outlet.”
Portable raku firing
The Home Artist is ideal for traveling teachers, because it cools rapidly. It is also popular with raku artists. It is easy to hold a raku party with a portable Home Artist kiln. The ceramic fiber is hardly affected by the thermal shock of opening the kiln at raku temperatures. “The Paragon Home Artist Raku kiln takes about 45 minutes to hit temperature,” said Steve Jaskowak, a noted raku teacher. “This kiln gives a real peaceful, quiet raku. I have it right next to me most of the time while I work. Unlike loud propane kilns, this one is inconspicuous. “I think it’s perfect for raku,” said Steve. “It’s great for doing raku demos. You don’t need permits for propane. It is a great urban raku kiln for those who live in the city. If you’ve got an outlet, you can raku.” “Even if you order the lid switch, you should unplug the kiln before removing the raku pots,” said Steve Jaskowak. “This is for safety.” With the Home Artist, raku teachers will no longer need to haul around their raku kiln and propane tank.
Loaded with features
The stainless steel jacket is vented to lower the surface temperature. A latch holds the lid securely closed. A safety toggle switch on the side of the electrical box shuts off power to the heating element. A built-in fuse protects the controller. The firing chamber is made of space-age ceramic fiber. This insulation is noted for energy efficiency. And the Home Artist is made in America. Own a unique kiln. The Home Artist is protected by patent no. D484, 897.
- Sentry Xpress 3 key controller
- Energy-efficient ceramic fiber firing chamber heats rapidly.
- Stainless steel jacket is vented for lower surface temperature
- Safety on/off switch
- Fall-Away lid vent
- Light enough to take anywhere.
- Telescoping luggage carrier with wheels for easy moving; collapses for convenient storage.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. On ceramic kilns, the controller includes Cone-Fire and 8 segment Ramp-Hold modes. (Note: Ramp-Hold and Cone-Fire on the Sentry Xpress do not include some of the advanced features of the Sentry 2.0.) The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. On ceramic kilns, the controller includes Cone-Fire and 8-segment Ramp-Hold modes. (Note: Ramp-Hold and Cone-Fire on the Sentry Xpress do not include some of the advanced features of the 12-key Sentry 2.0.)
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller for Ceramic Kilns
- Fire to a pyrometric cone by merely entering cone number and slow, medium or fast speed.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Set a temperature alarm to remind yourself to close a vented lid.
- Design Ramp-Hold programs with up to 8 segments (steps).
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Cone-Fire and Ramp-Hold.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Add hold time in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Temperature Display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.The Home Artist can ship by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. A specially designed carton and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely. (Please note: The Home Artist is in an oversized box to insure that it arrives safely. The size incurs an extra UPS charge.)
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
|Dimensions||53.3 × 71.1 × 61 cm|