Kiln Paragon F130NFS
- Glass Bead Annealing
- Lamp Working
Part Number: F-130
Package Price: Contact us for current pricing.
You can make figurines up to 12” tall in the F-130 Elite. Anneal large glass beads and marbles. Raise the spring-loaded vertical-drop door to insert a glass figurine with a punty rod. Lower the door. The punty rod will extend outside the firing chamber through the smaller punty rod door. This allows even large glass pieces to anneal safely.
Enjoy the glittering beauty of dichroic glass. This kiln will give you a haven of creative enjoyment that will immerse you for many years. Imagine how it could change your life style.
New thicker firebricks
The firebricks in the roof, walls, door, and bottom are 3” thick. This is 20% more insulation than the standard 2 1/2” firebricks in the walls and bottom of our earlier F-130 kilns. The extra insulation enables the F-130 to maintain a temperature hold with greater ease.
A deluxe mercury relay is standard
We have upgraded the F-130 with the deluxe mercury relay, which controls the cycling of the heating elements. The relay is industrial grade and heavy-duty for extra long life. Glass artists cherish the dependability of the mercury relay.
Sidewall heating elements
Sidewall heat is now standard in the F-130. The element heats from the sides and back of the kiln in dropped, recessed wall grooves. We recommend that you order the optional safety door switch, which turns off the element when the door is raised. (The temperature controller will continue to operate when the safety switch turns off the elements.)
If you prefer an element in the top instead of the walls, please specify when you place your order. The price of the F-130 is the same whether the element is in the walls or the top. Top elements are mounted in deluxe pinless element grooves. For an extra fee, you can also order top and sidewall elements in the same kiln.
Deluxe door gaskets
Because of a gap under the small punty rod door, you can usually close the door all the way even when mandrels extend past the firing chamber. This helps to retain the heat in the kiln. Powerful, rare-earth magnets hold the punty rod door in the open and closed positions. To further retain heat, the 4” x 8” punty rod door is 2” thick and includes two woven, flexible high-temperature gaskets.
New slide-out mandrel holder
We have added an adjustable mandrel holder to the front of the kiln. Adjust it horizontally and vertically without tools. Position the heavy-duty welded mandrel holder from 4 1/2” to 13” in front of the main section of kiln floor. (Note: The firebrick extension on the front of the kiln extends 3” beyond the front edge of the kiln floor.) Then tighten the mandrel holder with the thumb screws on each side of the kiln. The holder slides inside steel tubes ingeniously mounted in the base of the kiln. The stainless steel mandrel rest, which includes 7 slots, can also be adjusted vertically.
New sloped control panel
The control panel is angled for easy viewing and operation of the digital controller. Program the kiln from a comfortable position. The controller, pilot light, and switch are mounted on a brushed stainless steel plate. Gain easy access to the electrical components by removing the front panel.
Convenient digital temperature controller
Maintain the annealing temperature indefinitely with the Sentry Xpress 3-key controller. The controller is packed with features. It includes two firing modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold. Single Speed mode is especially easy and quick to learn. The thermocouple, which senses the temperature, is protected with a high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long, trouble free life.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon glass kilns
- Program the kiln with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the easy Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing on the fly (without having to stop the kiln to reprogram).
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold on the fly during firing.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time on the fly during firing.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- For accuracy, Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Temperature Alarm will sound when the kiln reaches an alarm temperature that you program. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail. Learn to use the controller before you decide to buy the kiln.
Stainless steel rod warmer
To save production time, pre-heat glass rods on top of the kiln. The 5” long stainless steel rod warmer is slotted for five rods.
Made in America
The kiln is made at the Paragon factory in Mesquite, Texas, which is about 20 minutes east of Dallas. Our kilns are not merely assembled—they are hand crafted by skilled workers. Fifty-one percent of them have been with Paragon for over a decade. Even the instruction manuals are printed by offset at our Mesquite, Texas factory.
Tested by TUV
And for your safety, the F-130 is tested by TUV, Germany’s leading testing lab, to meet UL and CSA standards. The F-130 operates on 120 volts. If you prefer, you can order the F-130 in 240 volts. The kiln includes an on/off switch for your convenience.
Included with your kiln is a 16-page controller instruction manual and a quick start programming guide, all written in plain English and fully illustrated.
Basic kiln features
- On/off switch
- Safety pilot light
- Dropped, recessed sidewall element grooves
- 3” insulating refractory firebricks in the roof, walls and bottom
- Electrical components stay cool in a slotted base.
- Precisely balanced spring-loaded vertical-drop door
- Double gaskets under the 2″ thick, 4” x 8” punty rod door
- Thermocouple with high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life
- Rare earth magnets hold the punty rod door open or closed.
- Deluxe mercury relay
- Stainless steel sheet metal screws
- TUV tested to UL and CSA standards.
- Made in the USA
For more information about the Kiln Paragon F130NFS see the Paragon web page
|Dimensions||86.4 × 81.3 × 99.1 cm|
Product enquiry about Kiln Paragon F130
SKU: MAGICFUSEAdd to cart
SKU: TNF243FSRead more