Kiln Paragon SC2 w. Shelf Kit
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
We are currently out of stock of furniture sets and have reduced the price.
Kiln Paragon SC2.
- China Painting
- Decals Enameling
- Glass Bead Annealing
- Glass Fusing
- Glass Painting
- Glass Slumping
- Lost Wax Casting
- Low-Fire Ceramics
- Silver Clay
Part Number: SC2 Package Price: Contact us for current pricing. Package includes: 240 Volt 60HZ SC2 Kiln. Furniture Set to suit
Easy to Fire
The SC-2 can hold three shelves of silver clay yet is portable enough to take with you to classes. Program the firing schedule that is perfect for your projects. You are not stuck with preset programs. The programmer turns itself off after the firing is completed. (Please note, however, that you should be near the kiln at the expected shutoff time.) the SC-2 is great in classrooms because the elements are embedded in ceramic fiber.
Even Heat Distribution
Several years ago we redesigned the kiln for improved heat distribution. The new design has two separate heating elements in the left and right sides of the firing chamber. The back of the chamber has no element. Extensive testing shows that the heat distribution in the new SC-2 is more even throughout the firing chamber, because heat does not build up in the back of the kiln.
Affordable, Easy to Program
The SC-2 with bead door and window, for a digital kiln, is surprisingly affordable and made in Mesquite, Texas USA. It fires automatically at the rate and temperature you enter. A large, brightly lit display prompts for firing rate, temperature, and hold time. Use the hold feature to automatically soak any type of clay silver to its recommended time. The fast-firing element is embedded in the firing chamber shell. Each SC-2 includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf.
- Improved heat distribution
- On/off toggle switch
- Built-in base; no extra stand needed
- Door opens 180 degrees
- The case is slotted for air circulation
- Electrical components in the base stay cool even at extended hold times
- The embedded element heats from the two sides for superior heat distribution
- Top vent complete with tapered plug for lost wax casting
- Includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf
The Amazing Digital Controller
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with exciting features. It includes two firing modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual (separate from the kiln manual). Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
- A Quick Start Guide to place near your kiln as a handy reference
The SC-2 can ship by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. Specially designed cartons and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
Find more technical information on the Paragon website – click here
|Dimensions||43.2 × 55.9 × 48.3 cm|