Create your first knife with this knife making kit.
Human’s have been manufacturing cutting tools for over 3 million years. Making a knife from scratch is a satisfying project on a number of levels. You are creating a fundamental tool, one of the first tools ever made, and every time you pick it up, you will think,
The legacy of a custom knife does not end there, Your hand made knife will be treasured for generations.
It can be time-consuming and work-intensive, but if you follow the detailed instructions in your first knife making kit you will have a basic, but very nice knife, before you know it.
This beginner knife making kit includes the following:
- Piece of 1075 Steel Annealed (soft)
- Set of Scales to make handle
- Pin stock to fit handle to Knife
- Lanyard Tube
- Rhynowet Sandpaper
- Instruction guide with more than 2500 words to guide you in making your first knife.
Additional tools needed:
- Permanent Marker
- Angle grinder or hacksaw
- Drilling machine
- Metal file or belt grinder
- Scrap wood or steel
- Lubricant such as WD40, soapy water, windex
- Something to heat the steel
- Darkened workshop
- Metal container
- Cooking oil
- Kitchen Oven
- Glue – 24 hour set epoxy such as araldite super strength
- Rag to clean of excess from blade and tools
- Camera to take pictures of the result
Find here a short excerpt of the detailed instructions attached to the Knife Making Kit:*
*Detailed instruction guide with more than 2500 words are in the knife making kit included
Interested in Knifemaking and Blacksmithing in Australia or New Zealand?
Or visit our monthly Knifemaker and Blacksmith Meet Ups in Sydney or check out our other events