Nitro-V Stainless steel 1.8 x 380 x 1244mm
Nitro-V Stainless steel 1.8 x 380 x 1244 mm.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
One sheet of Nitro-V stainless steel measuring 1.8 x 380 x 1244 mm.
Nitro-V is a martensitic stainless steel based on the chemistry of AEB-L razorblade steel, however Nitro-V has been enriched with Nitrogen and Vanadium to create a new alloy that provides exceptional edge performance, high hardness, and above all toughness.
Similar to AEB-L steel Nitro-V with the added chromium has excellent corrosion resistance.
Nitro-V has high hardenability so it can be cooled in air or plate quenched for hardness.
- Seal blade in double crimped high-temperature Stainless Steel Tool Wrap or coat in Anti-Scale Compound
- Preheat to 825°C and hold for 5 minutes
- Heat and Austenitise at 1065°C and hold for 15 minutes
- Quench between aluminum plates
- Cold treatment; domestic freezer, dry ice slurry, liquid nitrogen – the colder the better
- Temper at 150-200°C for 2 hours, twice
Recommended working hardness 58-63 HRC
1.8 x 380 x 1244 mm.
Keep shopping: Nitro-V Stainless Steel Steel »
|Dimensions||124 × 10 × 0.5 cm|