Nitro-V Stainless steel (3.3 x 380 x 1220 mm)
One sheet of Nitro-V stainless steel measuring 3.3 x 380 x 1220mm.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
One bar of Nitro-V stainless steel measuring 3.3 x 380 x 1220mm.
Nitro-V is a martensitic stainless steel based on the chemistry of AEB-L razorblade steel, where Nitro-V has been enriched with Nitrogen and Vanadium to create a new alloy that provides exceptional edge performance, high hardness, excellent corrosion resistance, and above all tremendous toughness.
As leaders in the knife steel supply world, we recognize the ever-present demand not only for steel specifically formulated to suit the cutlery industry, but our customers’ desires to stay on the cutting edge of steel that is tough and versatile enough for pocket, kitchen, hunting, fishing; and tactical knives.
- Carbon – 0.680%
- Silicon – 0.384%
- Manganese – 0.780%
- Phosphorus – 0.0190%
- Sulfer – 0.0020%
- Chromium – 12.980%
- Vanadium – 0.079%
- Nitrogen – 0.1098%
- Seal blade in double crimped high-temperature stainless steel tool wrap or coat in anti-scale compound
- Preheat to 825°C and hold for 5 minutes
- Heat and Austenitise at 1065°C and hold for 15 minutes
- Quench between aluminium plates
- Cold treatment; domestic freezer, dry ice slurry, liquid nitrogen – the colder the better
- Temper at 150-200°C for 2 hours, twice
Recommended working hardness 58-63 HRC
|Dimensions||124 × 38 × 0.5 cm|