Replacement Chuck Face for Strap on Surface Grinder Attachment
A replacement austenitic stainless steel chuck face for the 84 Engineering Surface Grinder Attachment.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
This is a Replacement Chuck Face for the 84 Engineering Strap on Surface Grinder Attachment. An austenitic stainless steel chuck face used to replace damaged, buckled or unstuck chuck faces. Typically has a long service life. However, excessive ‘truing’ can lead the chuck face to become too thin, overheat and separate from the magnetic chuck.
- Machined to fit the 84 Engineering Strap on Surface Grinder Attachment perfectly. Is 50 x 300 mm with countersunk holes
- Austenitic stainless steel making it corrosion resistant, durable and strong
Note: It is important when removing your old chuck face, that you do not remove any magnets from the chuck. These are aligned in a specific orientation and must remain so in order to work
- Scrap off any excess adhesive and ensure the chuck is flat
- Use a high strength temperature resistant adhesive (like JB Weld) to attached the replacement chuck face. Screw in the screws and clamp with even pressure across the face while curing
- Once cured carefully true* up the chuck face before use
* The magnetic chuck face will require truing upon setting up, otherwise it may not be perfectly perpendicular to your 5″ contact wheel. Care needs to be taken not to overheat your chuck face while doing this as it can cause the chuck face to bow.
|Dimensions||35 × 7 × 2 cm|