Shopmate 48 Deluxe Pedestal Stand 1.5hp
Shop Mate 48 Deluxe Formerly Noob Grinder. Comes with our Beginners Belt Kit 48″ absolutely FREE.
- Additional information
- Reviews (1)
FREE WITH THIS GRINDER: Beginners Belt Kit with 10 assorted belts – enough to make your first 3 – 5 knives taking them from rough profiling and bevelling through to a 600 grit satin finish, as well as handle shaping.
Ready to run on any standard domestic 240 V 10 amp power outlet.
Purpose-built for knife making, metalworking and other metal fabrication and welding activities. This belt grinder has applications across a broad market. Available in a variety of packages to suit your individual needs , application and budget. Capable of running contact wheels from 1/4” to 10” mounted on quick change tooling mounts. This grinder is ideally suited to anyone who wants a head start into knife-making. Manufactured right here in Australia, support a local home grown business. Utilising a separate motor and drive this kit allows another variable speed motor to be run off the VFD.
- 2 × 48” belt length
- 1.5 hp 2 pole motor with 4” drive wheel
- 0 – 4500 surface feet per minute belt speed
- 6” platen backing
- 4 way rotating platen
- Slack belt
- 2” and 3” contact wheels
- Rubber coated wheels for smooth performance and great belt traction
- Flat plane belt tracking for accurate belt alignment
- Fully welded frame
- 3 arm slots
- Fixed work rest
- Platen arm also accepts small wheels
- Protective spark guard
- Flips from vertical to horizontal with optional floor or bench stand
- Made in Australia
- *BENCH TOP STAND NOT INCLUDED* (HOWEVER THE FLOOR PEDESTAL IS IN THIS KIT)
- Shopmate 48 grinder body
- Contact wheels and slack belt and Basic Toolrest
- Height adjustable pedestal stand for horizontal and vertical operation
- Universal Tool Rest, for horizontal and vertical operation.
- Small wheel attachment complete with 3/4” (20 mm) and 1” (25 mm) Contact Wheels
- Powerful 1.5 hp Motor
Digital manual can be provided on request after purchase. Due to the bulk and heavy nature of our 48″ grinders, all units are shipped on individual pallets for their protection. Due to an increased volume of orders during our stocktake sale, please allow an additional 1 – 2 weeks for your order to be delivered. We appreciate your patience at this time and are working hard to get all orders shipped ASAP.
NOTE: Due to the difference in diameter between the small wheel attachments and the drive wheel of the grinder care must be taken not to run the wheels at speeds higher than 1/4 speed of the VFD. Heat build up in the bearing will cause the adhesive to fail and separate the rubber from the shaft.
|Dimensions||70 × 70 × 98 cm|