Shopmate 48 Deluxe Bench Mount 1.5hp
Shopmate 48 Deluxe Bench Mount 1.5 hp. Comes with our Beginners Belt Kit 48″ absolutely FREE.
- Additional information
- Reviews (3)
FREE WITH THIS GRINDER: Beginners Belt Kit with 10 assorted belts – enough to make your first 3 – 5 knives taking them from rough profiling and bevelling through to a 600 grit satin finish, as well as handle shaping.
Ready to run on any standard domestic 240 V 10 amp power outlet.
Designed and updated with the needs of the serious knifemaker and other steel fabricators in mind, this grinder has applications across a broad market. Available in a variety of packages to suit your individual needs, application and budget. Capable of running contact wheels from 1/4” to 10” mounted on quick-change tooling mounts. This grinder is ideally suited to anyone who wants a head start into knife-making. Manufactured right here in Australia, support a local home grown business. Utilising a separate motor and drive this kit allows another variable-speed motor to be run off the VFD.
- 2 × 48” belt length
- 1.5 hp 2 pole motor with 4” drive wheel
- 0 – 4500 surface feet per minute belt speed
- 6” platen backing
- 4 way rotating platen
- Slack belt
- 2” and 3” contact wheels
- Rubber coated wheels for smooth performance and great belt traction
- Flat plane belt tracking for accurate belt alignment
- Fully welded frame
- 3 arm slots
- Fixed work rest
- Platen arm also accepts small wheels
- Protective spark guard
- Flips from vertical to horizontal with bench stand
- Made in Australia
- Shopmate 48 grinder body, Tooling arm with four way universal Platen and contact wheel attach-ment. Allows easy conversion between Flat Platen, 2” Contact wheels, 3” contact wheels and slack belt and Basic Toolrest
- Bench Mounting Pedestal for horizontal and vertical operation.
- Universal Tool Rest, for horizontal and vertical operation.
- Small wheel attachment complete with 3/4” (20 mm) and 1” (25 mm) Contact Wheels.
- Powerful 1.5 hp Motor
- 240 V VFD provides 3ph power to motor
Digital manual can be provided on request after purchase. Due to the bulk and heavy nature of our 48″ grinders, all units are shipped on individual pallets for their protection. Please allow a little extra time for dispatch and delivery.
NOTE: Due to the difference in diameter between the small wheel attachments and the drive wheel of the grinder care must be taken not to run the wheels at speeds higher than 1/4 speed of the VFD. Heat build up in the bearing will cause the adhesive to fail and separate the rubber from the shaft.
|Dimensions||70 × 70 × 60 cm|